TWAW Shooting Chapters is a non-profit organization that organizes local groups of women around the country that meet monthly to practice, learn and grow as shooters by:
- Educating women on firearm safety, gun care and handling
- Developing safe gun handling skills
- Building defensive gun skills and awareness
- Developing confidence
- Networking with women of like interests
- Meeting new people/socializing
- Women 21 years or older of all experience levels
- Women who are just getting started with buying, shooting, and caring for firearms, and want to learn in a comfortable environment
- Women who have some level of experience and want to advance their skills
- Women who want to share their knowledge and expertise to help other women
- Women who want to have some fun and enjoy learning and shooting in the company of other women
- 10% discount on ALL purchases made on The Well Armed Woman website ALL year! www.thewellarmedwoman.com
- The Well Armed Woman Shooting Chapter Hat
- The Well Armed Woman Gun Basics For Women DVD
- The Well Armed Woman Shooting Chapter Member Card
- 50% off rental guns at CrossRoads – Must show Member Card for discount.
- 1 free hour of shooting (when chosen from 1 of the 4 allotted monthly time slots) and 1 free target
- Discounted 5 and 10 time punch passes to be used outside of the 1 free hour of shooting
One educational meeting is held every month, please see the dates listed below. Guests/non-members are allowed to join us for one meeting only. Ladies must become a chapter member in order to continue coming to future meetings. Guests/non-members will be able to participate in the laser simulator after the chapter meeting.
Chapter members may sign up for 1 of the 4 times available to shoot for free at CrossRoads. Invitations to RSVP to these shooting times are sent to Chapter members via email.
Upcoming educational meeting dates:
January 2017 – Saturday the 14th 8-9am – Topic: Intro to Carrying presented by Melody Lauer
February 2017 – Saturday the 4th 8-9am, Sunday the 19th 10-11am – Topic: Competitive Shooting Part 2 presented by Wendy Arnburg
March 2017 – Saturday the 11th 5-6pm – GUN CLEANING PARTY
March 2017 – Sunday the 19th 10-11am – Topic: All About Suppressors presented by SilencerCo
April 2017 – Saturday the 8th 9-10am – Topic: Intro to Shotguns
May 2017 – Sunday the 21st 10am-12pm – Topic: Shotgun Field Trip to New Pioneer in Waukee
June 2017 – Saturday the 10th 9-10am – Topic: Choosing a Handgun
July 2017 – Sunday the 23rd 10-11am – Topic: Concealed Carry and Cop Interaction
August 2017 – TBD – Topic: Self Defense I
September 2017 – TBD – Topic: Self Defense II
October 2017 – TBD – ANNIVERSARY PARTY
October 2017 – Sunday the 15th – TBD
November 2017 – TBD – Beyond First Aid
What does it Cost?
Annual dues to join the Des Moines Chapter are $50 and payments are processed through the National Organization at https://twawshootingchapters.org | Recommended donation of $10 per meeting is appreciated!
Contact the Chapter Leaders:
Emily Deugan, Sheena Green, Brandy Harmon, Lisa Hill, Amanda Robinson | firstname.lastname@example.org
For complete information on The Well Armed Woman Chapters, please visit: https://twawshootingchapters.org