Minnesota Department of Public Safety
Non-Resident Permit to Carry Certification
This course designed for individuals who are proficient with shooting skills and the defensive mindset who frequent Minnesota and wish to carry a weapon of legal choice in that state.
Prerequisites to attend this certification program:
- Possession of VALID IOWA Permit to Carry
- Ability to complete a multi-stage timed course of fire with defensive accuracy with malfunctions installed.
IF you DO NOT currently possess an Iowa permit, please consider our Handgun 101/Carry Basics course.
Course content of basic training must include the following as dictated by MN statute 624.714 subd 2a:
(1) instruction in the fundamentals of pistol use;
(2) successful completion of an actual shooting qualification exercise;
(3) instruction in the fundamental legal aspects of pistol possession, carry, and use, including self-defense and the restrictions on the use of deadly force.
Link to Minnesota statute governing permit to carry. CLICK HERE
Link to MN permit to carry FAQ CLICK HERE
Link to Minnesota Application Form. CLICK HERE
With an Iowa resident, and MN non-resident, you will have reciprocity in the Green and Blue states listed below.
Class is limited to 12
Equipment Required for this course:
- 25 rounds of ammunition
- Hearing & Eye protection