Already comfortable with firearms, and ready to take the carry experience to realistic levels?
Then HG 102 – Defensive Fundamentals should be on your calendar.
In this course, you’ll learn:
- The importance of a Defensive Mindset
- Basic self-defense principles
- Active awareness
- Holster selection
- Defensive pistol work
PLEASE NOTE THIS IS NOT A BEGINNER LEVEL CLASS!
You must have proficient shooting experience and…
BE PREPARED TO DEMONSTRATE COMPETENCE WITH YOUR FIREARM
The following items are required for this class (or you may rent them from CRSS):
- Handgun (minimum of .380 caliber)
- Min 2, preferably 3 magazines and 1 mag pouch
- 100 rounds of ammunition
- Eye and ear protection
- Note taking material
The following items are suggested for this class:
- Carry holster (if you currently have one)
- Electronic hearing protection
DRESS APPROPRIATELY FOR A SHOOTING ACTIVITY:
- Close-toed shoes
- High collar or button up shirt
Completion of this class satisfies Iowa concealed carry training requirements.