Click on topic to expand
Sales Tax Note
Iowa state sales tax not included in price, will be collected per Dept of Revenue requirement
The annual fee a customer pays to be a member of a golf course or indoor shooting range is subject to Iowa tax.
The Iowa Department of Revenue’s Administrative Rule 701-26.24 identifies that all fees, dues or charges paid to golf and country clubs, shooting ranges, etc are subject to tax. This also includes recreation, in which the rule states “recreation” shall include all activities pursued for pleasure, including sports, games and activities which promote physical fitness. IDOR 2016
Membership in CrossRoads Shooting Sports (CRSS) will only be available to persons who are legally able to possess a firearm. CRSS members must be in compliance with all federal, state, and local laws concerning ownership and the handling of firearms.
I certify as follows: (1) that I am not and never have been the subject of a criminal or any other proceeding that prevents me from legally owning, handling, or possessing firearms under Iowa or Federal law; (2) that I can lawfully own, handle, and possess a firearm, and; (3) that all information given in this Application is true and correct to the best of my knowledge. By submitting the online application and agreement or completing a purchase of a membership in-store, I acknowledge that I have read, understood, and I now agree to comply with, these Terms and Conditions, the CRSS Release, Waiver of Liability, Assumption of Risk and Indemnity Agreement and the CRSS Rules which are all incorporated into this Application and Agreement by reference.
CRSS Membership Terms and Conditions
- CRSS is a private business which is wholly owned by CrossRoads Shooting Sports LLC. Acceptance for membership does not confer on the holder any membership, rights, or ownership interest in Crossroads Shooting Sports LLC. CRSS facilities are available for use by all CRSS members, guests of members, private citizen groups, and by the general public. CRSS memberships are available to provide preferred access, potential discounts to merchandise, services and facility use, and other benefits to CRSS members. CRSS membership is subject to the Membership Terms and conditions stated herein. Membership may be granted and revoked at the sole discretion of CRSS.
- As part of the consideration for membership,
- the Member hereby agrees to remain a Member and pay the Membership Dues for a period of not less than one (1) year from the date of this agreement. A cancellation fee of $100 or the balance of the contract, whichever is less, will be assessed to the member if cancellation is made prior to completion of this twelve (12) month agreement.
- LITE memberships will be assessed a FLAT $35 cancellation fee if cancelled in less than 90 days.
- Fees apply to cancellation for any reason other than member death or proof of relocation to more than 100 miles from 50131.
- CRSS is entitled to recover its costs, including reasonable attorney’s fees, incurred in collecting sums due to CRSS under this or any other Membership provision or otherwise.
- Members may select one of the following methods to make their monthly payment of membership dues:
- Payment in Full
- Automatic monthly credit/debit payment from a VISA, MasterCard, American Express or Discover Card.
- A $20 fee will be assessed for any automatic debit that is rejected for insufficient funds or any failed credit charge.
- All Members, guests, and other CRSS facility users must follow ALL CRSS Safety Standards and Range Rules, and must read, and agree to the terms of the CRSS Release, Waiver of Liability, Assumption of Risk and Indemnity Agreement which is incorporated by reference into the CRSS Terms and Conditions of Membership. All first-time members, guests and other CRSS facility users must participate in the CRSS range orientation and submit the waiver fee.
- All explained fully more in the CRSS Release, Waiver of Liability, Assumption of Risk and Indemnity Agreement, guests must be accompanied by a member to be admitted to the firing line. Members are responsible for all actions taken by their guests and hold CRSS harmless for property damage, accidents and injuries to or caused by guests.
- All Members and guest are subject to the general policies and rules of operation and administration of CRSS, all of which are intended to provide a safe, professional, friendly and family oriented facility.
- Members agree to this policy for membership purchase made online or in-store
Authorization for Payment by Credit or Debit Card
I understand that CRSS will charge the account selected the amount required per the specified plan level for which I am purchasing. If my card does not successfully charge on your payment day, CRSS will attempt to charge the card again within 10 days. I hereby authorize CRSS to maintain my signature on file and to charge my account on a monthly basis. This authorization will remain in full force and effect as long as I hold membership in CRSS or until I provide CRSS with written notice of termination, or cancel via the online membership portal. I agree to provide CRSS with accurate and complete billing information including legal name, address telephone number and credit card information. I further agree to notify CRSS of any credit card changes 30 days prior to the next schedule payment date. All written instructions must be delivered to CRSS by mail, e-mail, or facsimile and must be signed by me. I understand that non-payment may invoke suspension of membership benefits and subject to collection efforts state above.