CrossRoads will be hosting the GLOCK Shooting Sports Foundation (GSSF) Indoor League
January 10, February 7 and March 7 of 2019!
Winter series – new dates!
What is a GSSF League Match???
How Do I begin?
What's the Prize?
GSSF Made Simple
GSSF New Competitor Safety & Match Proc. Briefing
2019 OUTDOOR Match Schedule
The competition is conducted with Glock pistols. If you do not have a Glock pistol to shoot, CrossRoads will have rental Glocks available for $5 per match.
Shooters who compete in at least two of the three matches in the Indoor League will be eligible for plaques and prizes. One shooter will win a drawing for a free Glock!
Check out this video for an example of a GSSF course of fire:
Are you ready for some competition?
Ready to use skills such as moving and shooting, drawing from the holster, and transitioning between multiple targets?
CrossRoads is hosting USPSA matches. There will be 4 stages with an approximate round count of 100.
- Cost – $5 match fee and $20 range fee
- Match fee online through Practiscore, or in person at match check-in.
- Range fee is paid at the Crossroads register.
- You will have to present your receipt at match registration.
- If you are attending the match please make sure you have completed the Crossroads Shooting Sports waiver online before match day.
Focusing on handgun safety and marksmanship, the fundamental base to all effective shooting techniques, this 5 hour course meets the requirements of Iowa Code 724.9 for application for an Iowa Permit to Carry.
- Firearms safety
- Handgun operation
- Basic marksmanship
- Cleaning and safe storage
- Approximately one hour of live-fire drills on the range.
This class requires a firearm, and other basic equipment. Please bring the following items to class (or you may rent them from CRSS):
- Handgun, 2 magazines, and 25 rounds of ammunition
- Eye and ear protection
- Note taking material
DRESS APPROPRIATELY FOR A SHOOTING ACTIVITY:
- Close-toed shoes
- Shirt that buttons at the collar
Step 2 includes work from the holster, strong hand and support hand shooting skills and transitions between hands.
We will discuss the contexts in which transitions are necessary in defensive shooting such as traumatic injuries and priorities regarding self-care if wounded.
Participants will practice malfunction clearing as well as using cover and concealment effectively. This class also emphasizes movement and advantageous positioning in a defensive encounter. We will also focus on extreme accuracy and distance shooting.
Train with nationally recognized firearms trainer and active conceal carry mom Melody Lauer in this intermediate defensive handgun class covering the fundamentals of what is necessary to know as a female with carrying a firearm for personal defense on a daily basis.
[ftcalendar_post_schedule dateformat=’D, F j’]
Cost is $159 Length: 4.5 hrs Level: Intermediate
PreREQ: Completion of Defensive Pistol Step ONE
- Well-functioning, center-fire (preferred) firearm and 2 magazines for that firearm (3 magazines if single stack). The more magazines, the better! 3 or more speed loaders if bringing revolver.
- 250 rounds of ammunition for that firearm
- Belt-mounted, open-mouth holster
- Belt-mounted magazine pouch for spare magazines
- Sturdy belt
- Cover garment
- Eye protection
- Ear protection
- Note taking material
- Range appropriate attire
- High-neck shirt
- Closed-toed shoes
- Baseball cap preferred
Minnesota Department of Public Safety
Non-Resident Permit to Carry Certification
This course designed for individuals who are proficient with shooting skills and the defensive mindset who frequent Minnesota and wish to carry a weapon of legal choice in that state.
Prerequisites to attend this certification program:
- Possession of VALID IOWA Permit to Carry
- Ability to complete a multi-stage timed course of fire with defensive accuracy with malfunctions installed.
IF you DO NOT currently possess an Iowa permit, please consider our Handgun 101/Carry Basics course.
Course content of basic training must include the following as dictated by MN statute 624.714 subd 2a:
(1) instruction in the fundamentals of pistol use;
(2) successful completion of an actual shooting qualification exercise;
(3) instruction in the fundamental legal aspects of pistol possession, carry, and use, including self-defense and the restrictions on the use of deadly force.
Link to Minnesota statute governing permit to carry. CLICK HERE
Link to MN permit to carry FAQ CLICK HERE
Link to Minnesota Application Form. CLICK HERE
With an Iowa resident, and MN non-resident, you will have reciprocity in the Green and Blue states listed below.
Class is limited to 12
Equipment Required for this course:
- 25 rounds of ammunition
- Hearing & Eye protection